RRmelecio’s Design My Perfect Environment for Success

Home Mastermind Life Success, Inspiration and Motivation RRmelecio’s Design My Perfect Environment for Success

Share success!
  • This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated by Mark Farmer.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    User Avatarrrmelecio
    Blocked

In my experience, there are a few things you can control that will help support and propel you to success.

The most important thing is, to be honest with yourself and others. When you are honest with yourself and others, it allows you to identify areas of improvement and growth in your life. It also allows others to be more open with you about their thoughts, ideas, and opinions. And if you have a problem with someone, there is no hiding behind a false mask or persona for fear of judgment. People will appreciate your honesty and authenticity because it allows them to have confidence in what they are saying or doing around you.

The second thing is knowledge. Knowledge gives us power over situations and circumstances by understanding what we can do to better ourselves or our surroundings. Knowledge helps us grow as individuals by giving us access to many different resources that may not be available otherwise; we can learn from others’ mistakes and successes through books, articles, online websites, etc… Knowledge also helps us make better decisions when faced with challenging situations. We can use this information as guidelines on how best to handle different positions based on past experiences or stories of others who have been there before us.

Mark Farmer
      Keymaster

Love your observations, RR.  Regarding the first, to be frank, it IS possible that others may take advantage of authenticity. But, in my opinion, it’s good to find that out as quickly and as easily as possible to get rid of those types of people in your life.

And there is real power in authenticity. As I ask and talk about in the weekly Monday Morning Motivator’s thread, there is real power in being transparent about where we are in life and asking for the help we need.

It’s not that others will always help. Sometimes they won’t. But NO ONE can help us… if they don’t know what we are facing.

Our best chance of getting support and encouragement is talking vulnerably about where we are and what we need ❤️

But dig deeper with me, RR. From the article: if you’re willing, tell me about your work environment. Do you have a dedicated office space? Reliable Internet access? Do you have privacy and an environment that supports you in focusing on income producing work? Do you have social networks that support you in building your business, including marketing it and finding new clients? (What is your main business, by the way?)

Next, list each of those and brainstorm or list what you would need to improve each of those items. Don’t hold back, the question isn’t “what are you currently able to do to perfect each of those?” The question is “What would you need to do to improve or perfect each of those?

Super curious to hear your answers, if you care to share them and would be willing to work with you right here in the community to begin perfecting your environment for success!

Your Partner in Success,
        ~ Mark

User Avatarrrmelecio
        Blocked

Hi Mark,

I’m a freelance, working full-time and part-time jobs. My work is online, commonly known as Virtual Assistant. I have a decent workstation but dream of making it better.

I am still looking for clients and spending time learning, as that is my passion. I hope to share my knowledge with my siblings, so they can have a job like mine.

I agree that it’s important to be open with others so that they can help us. That’s why I’m here because this community allows me to express myself in ways I don’t always feel comfortable doing verbally, and it has helped me learn in many ways. I hope to also inspire other members of the community as well.

What do I need to improve? Opportunities. I will take advantage of all learning opportunities, and I am always praying for God to give me a break. Life is not “just about me”, this is also for my family and all other special people around me.

Mark Farmer
          Keymaster

RR Wrote:
            That’s why I’m here because this community allows me to express myself in ways I don’t always

Profound, RR. I am so happy to hear that as that is my deepest wish for this community.

I saw you mention in another thread that part of why you work is to support your mother, is that correct?

And the way you’d do that is by looking for clients for your VA business? You also mention spending time learning, but I’m not sure towards what? What do want to learn (and why do you want to learn it)?

If that’s the goal, since we’re talking about designing environment for success, and you said “you have a decent workstation but dream of making it better” is it safe to say that improving your environment would help you work more and more efficiently?

And that if you worked more and more efficiently you would earn more money?

If yes, let’s continue examining your environment.

Office Space: (Please list what you would need to improve – e.g. support your focus on income – in your office space Do you need dedicated office space? Privacy? Equipment? Reliable Internet access? Remember: if you have a really efficient office you can take on a LOT more work and do it much more efficiently, so list every way you would like to improve your office space!)

Second, you astutely mention your social network environment (which, absolutely IS an environment!), mentioning you need more opportunities. Opportunities for what!?

Then please list what you would need to improve your social network to -support your focus on income? Knowing more people what had specific needs that you can fulfill? Just new relationships to personal support? People with money to invest in you? For you to know people that wanted to hire you? For you to know people that could introduce you to people who want to purchase from your? People who know business and can teach you?

To the degree you answer these questions and know the *specific* help you need, is to the degree you will find what you have the power to change and what you don’t; and THAT will tell you where to focus your limited energy.

Can’t wait to hear your answers, RR!

User Avatarrrmelecio
            Blocked

Yes, Mark, I am working hard to support my mom and family. I’m also spending time learning more details, processes and new skills to be fully equipped as a VA since the skills needed will depend on my client’s needs. I want to enhance my skills so that I can keep my job. As of now, Mark, I have a pretty decent workspace and internet connection. I just want to improve it so that I can work comfortably. For now, I’m using our dining chair and I’m wanting to buy an office chair so that my back won’t hurt. Another thing is my monitor—I’d like to have dual monitors so that it will be easier for me to multitask. But I am still thankful for what I have now. I also want to improve my skills and work experience. I want to become successful, so that I never get tired of working. The more opportunities I can get to learn and grow, the better. I want to be surrounded by people with the same mindset as mine—to be successful and earn more. I want to be with those people who are knowledgeable about the industry that I’m working in. They could help me improve and get more clients. I am happy writing this email, Mark. This has inspired me to share something with you that I might be uncomfortable saying out loud. I hope my heart can continue to feel this way.

Mark Farmer
              Keymaster

Yes, Mark, I am working hard to support my mom and family.

I have so much respect for you!

A quick aside. You said:

I’m also spending time learning more details, processes and new skills to be fully equipped as a VA since the skills needed will depend on my client’s needs. I want to enhance my skills so that I can keep my job.

I, actually, have an idea of helping train VAs. What do YOU figure the top 5 skills are every VA should have? Your answer would help me know what trainings to offer.

Back to you: Brilliant work on your answers!

Perfect Your Environment:

• Office chair
                • Another monitor

Desired Opportunities:

• Opportunities to improve my skills and work experience.
                • Opportunities to learn and grow.
                • Opportunities to be surrounded by people with the same mindset as mine—to be successful and earn more.
                • Opportunities to be around people who are knowledgeable about the industry that I’m working in. They could help me improve and get more clients.

I’d offer that simply by belonging to this community you’ve begun “Opportunities to learn and grow” and “Opportunities to be surrounded by people with the same mindset as mine—to be successful and earn more,” yes!? Those are EXACTLY the mindset of this community, so you’re partially already there!

Then, let’s think more broadly about perfecting your environment. Would a cost-efficient, automated system of obtaining new clients benefit you? Would an automated system of finding new referrals benefit you? Would a system of easily learning the top-sought-after skills while being paid to do so benefit you?

If yes, what brainstormed possible ways of initiating such systems can you think of?

Lastly, RR, we’ve got a BRILLIANT beginning to a thread of your own, detailing your own personal goal to Perfecting Your Environment and building income. Do you mind if I split this thread, placing your posts into their own thread, making it easier for you to track your own action and progress towards those goals?

Your Partner in Success,
                ~ Mark

User Avatarrrmelecio
                Blocked

I always have a smile on my face whenever I write here, Mark. It feels good to express myself with someone who understands and doesn’t judge.

Whatever you can suggest that will improve my knowledge and expertise, I would appreciate receiving that information. I’m still working toward improving my skills, but email management, social media management, admin tasks, customer service, and similar work are the basic skills that I’ve been able to acquire since I first started working as a virtual assistant. Luckily, I found an employer willing to teach me these things and patient enough to guide me along the way. A lot more needs to be learned and improved by me, but I’m at it.

This kind of conversation helped me to be more aware of my goals., and I want to thank you for that.

Mark Farmer
                  Keymaster

Awesome, RR, thanks, I’ve moved your replies talking about “Designing a Perfect Environment for Success” to this new thread then, so that you have a thread dedicated to this goal!

Use this thread to document your ideas, direction, decisions and action you take to design your perfect environment for success!

Let’s use THIS thread to design your perfect environment for success!

So I didn’t see your answer to my question, RR: If we think of your environment supporting your success what thing or things would bring the largest step forward towards your goal of supporting your mother financially and your own success?

Would a cost-efficient, automated system of obtaining new clients benefit you?

Would an automated system of finding new referrals benefit you?

Would a system of easily learning the top-sought-after skills while being paid to do so benefit you?

Is there something else that would be a larger help?

Brainstorm or name which of the above or what else needs to change to support you in your dream of succeeding in your VA business and supporting your mother?

Feel free to ask questions if that doesn’t make sense or you don’t understand what I mean.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Share success!