Making Friends for Life Success: Why Adult Friendships Are So Important

Home Mastermind Life Success, Inspiration and Motivation Making Friends for Life Success: Why Adult Friendships Are So Important

Share success!
  • This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by User Avatarrrmelecio.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark Farmer
    Keymaster

If you define “life success” as living a long, healthy, and happy life, you will quickly realize why adult friendships are so important for life succe
      [See the full post at: Making Friends for Life Success: Why Adult Friendships Are So Important]

User AvatarMyGoals1
      Participant

Hey Mark, I think one of the reasons I don’t have many friends is that I like to have a friend like me. I tend to be a bit judgmental especially when it comes to close friends because I only open up to the people I feel close and safe with.

Mark Farmer
        Keymaster

Well, I think we all connect best to people we feel close and safe to.  Curious tho, what do you think that judgmental side of you is about?

User Avatarrrmelecio
          Blocked

Hey Mark,

I think making friends as an adult is much different from when I was in high school or college.

I’m no longer surrounded by thousands of other people trying to meet new people and make new connections. And even if I live in a city with millions of residents, it can still be challenging to meet new people and develop strong friendships.

Luckily for me, I have found genuine people. I can say that I am in the right circle. I am blessed, and I’ll do everything to keep these people.

Mark Farmer
            Keymaster

Here’s the thing I value and what I look for in friendships:

Your life will be filled with “friends” who agree with everything you say and see everything the way you see it. Don’t shortchange yourself: consciously cultivate friends who don’t hesitate to offer a perspective you don’t see; who help you to grow by challenging your thoughts and beliefs. Treasure people who value you enough to challenge you to grow beyond where you are now.

As the article linked to in the first post notes, our life relationships are a HUGE factor in our ultimate success.

PLEASE fill this thread up with your thoughts on how to build friendships as an adult and how your friendships have supported your success!

User Avatarrrmelecio
              Blocked

Hi Mark,

I have been through a lot of failed friendships. And as I got older, I realized that not everyone deserves your time and effort. Love those who love you, and make time for those you think would do the same. This is to protect your mental health. I have been through heartbreaks because of trusting the wrong people. Luckily for me, I have found two great people. I am now in the right circle, Mark. And they contributed a lot as I walked through the journey of my success.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Share success!