Your Success Baseline

Home Mastermind Life Success, Inspiration and Motivation Your Success Baseline

Share success!
  • This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by Mark Farmer.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mark Farmer
    Keymaster

While Life Success Engine is focused on high achievement and high performance, have you ever wondered what your success baseline should be? That is, w
      [See the full post at: Your Success Baseline]

User AvatarMyGoals1
      Participant

Hey Mark,

I love the article! While everything is true, the list seems to be too long.

For me, when I physically feel the best with no headaches or enough sleep and I am free from any big anxiety or major stressors, I perform the best. It’d be interesting to hear what the top 5 things you or other members try to focus on.

Mark Farmer
        Keymaster

While “too long,” are there any of the baselines you feel are superfluous?

I tried to be comprehensive for all life areas – Mind, Body, Spirit, Relationships and Wealth but, that being said, I was hoping to begin to define a *minimum* that one should aspire to in each area.

So I’d love to here your thoughts: should one of the areas be removed, say it’s important to develop one’s mind but don’t worry about health? Or build quality relationships, but who needs spirituality?

Or, if all areas – Mind, Body, Spirit, Relationships and Wealth – are necessary, what IS the minimum one should accept in each of those areas? Please! Tell me which of my suggested minimum’s should be eliminated – I’d love to simplify the list if there are things that can be removed!

User AvatarMyGoals1
          Participant

I’m not saying any of the major areas should be eliminated. It seems rather too much to focus on. Maybe we should focus on one goal at a time and slowly build the baseline?

Mark Farmer
            Keymaster

Ah, got it!

Absolutely. I see the list as something one would work towards, goal by goal. I would absolutely discourage someone from attempting all of the items on the list at one time.

That being said, a VERY effective goal setting technique is attempting superordinate goals that encompass similar goals also on your list.

For instance the list includes, “Possess a 4-year college education.”

If you set, as your superordinate goal, “Obtain a bachelors of science in psychology” success would require:

• Developing new relationships with the professors and classmates.
              • Working towards a career that fulfills your passions.
              • Understanding the scientific method that support your success.
              • Sharpening your Internet research skills including the ability to find answers, as well as verify accuracy, scientific or clinical evidence and veracity.
              • Examining your own thinking for hypocrisy, logical fallacies, and cognitive biases.
              • Developing Self-awareness.
              • Reading several school text books toward the goal of 10/year.
              • Seeking higher education.
              • Getting 7+ hours of quality sleep per day.

Quite a bunch of items on the Baseline List to be crossed off ALL from simply focusing on ONE superordinate one!

This type of combing efforts is possible a myriad of ways and I’d encourage you to use the technique (“What major success would require a bunch of smaller successes that I want anyways?”) as a powerful way to plan life goals.

Make sense!?

User AvatarMyGoals1
              Participant

Yes makes sense! I’d agree with that. That’s super helpful. It’s similar to making small progress and opening the book and reading a few pages perhaps every day rather than trying to finish reading whole a book in one set

Mark Farmer
                Keymaster

Yes, just make sure all the small steps are also congruent, driving towards and adding up to a large success!

Keep the list handy and check in with it from time to time. As opportunities present to work on some of these, integrate them into your life and, with concerted effort, you’ll likely be able to reach most of them in a year; all of them within a few years!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Share success!