TB12

Share success!

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by Mark Farmer.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mark Farmer
    Keymaster

Inspired by the Super Bowl and some of the PR coming about Tom Brady I decided to revisit some of the principles of TB 12

Considering buying the book but I think a significant amount of information is available online

curious what others think about it?

Mark Farmer
      Keymaster

bit the bullet and bought the book

Ooooo…. that’s some nice alliteration 😆

Had some materials on my computer from when I last got turned on to TB12. To be fair I’m unsure what is specifically his and what was/is added on as I was searching out his philosophy:

GOOD HEALTH IS ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL: VITALITY, not just strength or appearance.

• BRAIN REST, RECENTERING, AND RECOVERY: 8 hours of sleep availability, with no blue screen <1 hr. before bed; in bed by 10p. Meditation in a.m. Done with work by 5p.
        • PLIABILITY: Yoga 3x/wk before bed for lengthening and softening of muscles
        • NO-LOAD STRENGTH TRAINING: limiting overload put on your joints.
        • ANTI-INFLAMMATORY FOCUS: Avoid inflammation — whether in mind, body, or spirit.
        • LOW IMPACT CARDIO TO PROMOTE OXYGEN-RICH BLOOD FLOW.
        • PROPER HYDRATION: preferably with electrolytes
        • HEALTHY NUTRITION IS 80% OF VITALITY
        • BRAIN EXERCISES: Neuroplasticity is all about generating and regenerating neural connections - train our brains the same way we do our muscles.

No eating between 8p and 11a; bcaas in AM right before breakfast

No:
        Dairy (milk, butter and cheese)
        white sugar or artificial sweeteners
        alcohol
        red meat
        white flour
        potatoes,
        tomatoes, eggplants, peppers, mushrooms,
        no fruit, except for the occasional banana.

Oil for cooking:
        coconut oil for cooking—olive oil is only used cold, and only raw—and
        Himalayan pink salt

Vit. B
        Vit. D
        Probiotics
        1. Alpha-Lipoic Acid: 300–600 mg daily.
        2. Curcumin / turmeric: 100–500 mg daily, when taken with piperine
        Curcumin is poorly absorbed when taken on its own, but you can boost its absorption by as much as 2,000% by taking it with piperine, found in black pepper
        3. Fish Oil: 1–1.5 grams of omega-3s from EPA and DHA per day. Look for fish oil supplements with undetectable mercury content.
        4. Ginger:1 gram daily
        Not recommended for: People who take aspirin
        5. Resveratrol
        ------------------------

To be fair much of this I already do or have done recently; the rest can be adapted. Here's the plan:

I'll use resistance bands for workouts for a few weeks to see how it goes. Frankly I don't really trust that they can provide as good a workout as weights... but let's give it a go.

Low-impact cardio: cool, I've got a recumbent stationary bike and walk regularly.

I've got the vitamins, just need to remember to begin taking them.

Ordered coconut oil from Amazon.com tonight, have been wanting to do bulletproof coffee, but have been decreasing use of dairy; will be conscious of red meat; and will watch flour and white potatoes (which leaves, what, for starches? Rice? Sweet potatoes? Hm....)

Body fat has been creeping up since covid quarantine; have been FAR too sedentary; aging and injuries; HORRIBLE sleep. Progress not perfection - let's see if I can't focus on this and bump the needle

Mark Farmer
        Keymaster

berry-and-banana smoothies pre-workout; avocado and eggs for breakfast; salads with nuts and fish for lunch; hummus, guacamole, or mixed nuts for snacks; and roasted vegetables and chicken for dinner.

User Avatarkoleah
          Participant

Hows this diet going? Sounds all very hoity-toity 😀

When do you workout?

Mark Farmer
            Keymaster

Hey! Welcome to the community 😀 Happy to see you here.

When do I workout… uh… :sideways glance: why…. EVERY DAY… sometimes twice…

Dude, covid has NOT been kind to me. I used to go dancing 2-3x/wk. Now -0-. Workouts are suffering – today was day #1 in a long time. At this point I’m just working to get back some consistency – 3x/week for strength; 3x/wk for cardio.

Superbowl stoked the interest… but I’ma have to stoke the flames to keep them from going out.

You working out regular? I know you’d hit a bit of a plateau… some demotivation for a little while

Mark Farmer
              Keymaster

Three days in a row of seven minute workout, today I did Bamds for back and biceps. Watching what I eat. Weight is up there and the main problem is how freaking sedentary I have been – consistent baby steps!

Mark Farmer
                Keymaster

Three days in a row of seven minute workout, today I did Bamds for back and biceps. Watching what I eat. Weight is up there and the main problem is how freaking sedentary I have been – consistent baby steps!

User Avatarkoleah
                  Participant

I’m having a harder and harder time staying consistent. Part is that my sleep doesn’t feel as restful as normal/it should. Which affects my energy during the day. So by the time the afternoon comes, even if I’ve had some espresso in my preworkout shake, I still just want to lay down and take a nap.

Mark Farmer
                    Keymaster

Super struggling with my sleep too. Stayed up for 24 hours just two days ago – 12 PM to actually about 4 PM, so 27 hours

You said “part” is your sleep… What’s the other part?

are you still working out every day? Did you ever take some time off – a couple weeks?

Today was day four of seven minute workout. I’d honestly like to do that every day just make it a part of my morning routine. In addition I hopped on the stationary bike for 22 minutes… Only got about 15 before I dumped out of it.

Circadian rhythm is super off because of my sleeping and then staying up all night working on clients work but I’m proud of myself I got a workout in and I’m beginning to add more to it

On the plus side I ordered supplements for TB 12: fish oil, turmeric, electrolytes for water, amino acids for the morning

I got Huel plant-based protein which does some really good advertising – not sure if it has everything at promises but good to get away from whey protein when redmeat for at least one of my meals

Also got an air ionizer – the supplements, air ionizer, lifting bands are all part of TB 12. Seriously feeling a lot better working out

Oh! And I’ve been rolling out with a foam roller and doing yoga – that’s been a big boost to

I’ll be producing an interview with an intuitive eating coach and nutritionist on May 3 for one of my clients –but look for that to be broadcast on life success engine Facebook page live(March 3, 3 PM)

I’ll also be doing a report on the Huel so look for that article in a few weeks!

Mark Farmer
                      Keymaster

Awesome, figured I’d write up a longer article on the whole TB12 thing. Look to the main page in a week or so. Additionally I’ve been putting emphasis on TB12 “pliability”/flexibility idea and been foam rolling nearly every day.

Amazing how, as you age, and work a desk job your body becomes stiffer and stiffer. I’m thinking that pliability will end up being one of the larger take-aways from this experience.

In addition to foam rolling a fitness company recently offered to send some of their new flexibility/stretching products for me to review, so also look to the articles section for more info on some new products coming to market.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Share success!