Self-discipline

Share success!
  • This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated by User Avatarkoleah.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    User AvatarGoalSetter19
    Participant

Hey everybody, thank you for letting me be a member. Just wanted to add to the community so wanted to make a post

My name is Samantha S. but I usually just go by Sam. have been setting goals for a long time and am a fan of Tony Robbins

So I want to talk about self-discipline I think that it is a muscle just the same like your biceps and you have to work it out if you wanted to get stronger, at least that’s what the books that I read say

So how do you exercise this muscle? How my supposed to get better at it? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mark Farmer
      Keymaster

Welcome to the forums, GoalSetter19! Happy to have you here. Curious how you found us?

Love your observations about self-discipline and wholly agree: self-discipline IS a “muscle,” that weakens when you don’t practice it; strengthens when you do practice self-discipline.

I’ve definitely got some ideals about the “how do you exercise it,” but don’t want to sabotage the conversation. I’ll wait until others have pitched in before I offer my thoughts.

Again, welcome to the community and thanks for staring the thread!

~ Mark Farmer
        founder, LifeSuccessEngine.com

User AvatarGoalSetter19
        Participant

Thank you, I’m anxious to hear what you think. Or what anyone else thinks

User AvatarMyGoals1
          Participant

Hi, Sam! I think self-discipline comes with goal/goals in mind. Let’s say, you want to get A in one of your hardest classes. There’d be many times you feel like studying or you’d rather do something more fun like binging on your favorite show or scrolling through internet. But, if you are determined to achieve your goal, you wouldn’t be netflix-ing and sitting there doing nothing. Because you want to achieve your goal, you’d be self-disciplined. So, I think you should figure out/contemplate your why first.

User AvatarGoalSetter19
            Participant

Well, I want the goal to achieve whatever it is is my goal, right? I think my question is but HOW do you just not Netflix or go have fun instead of working on the goal?

User Avatarkoleah
              Participant

Temptation bundling is one way. “I’ll only watch Netflix while I’m doing cardio” as an example.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Share success!