I automatically distance myself when I feel unwanted

Home Mastermind Life Success, Inspiration and Motivation I automatically distance myself when I feel unwanted

Share success!

Tagged: 

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by User Avatarrrmelecio.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    User Avatarrrmelecio
    Blocked

Are you the one who calls or texts first? Do you make time for that friend who does not always make time for you?

I have been through that numerous times. Whenever I recall it, it always brings tears to my eyes. I try to make friends feel special because that’s what friends do for each other.

But when I need my friends most, they aren’t there for me. They always have an excuse and never make time for me. They say they’re sorry, but that doesn’t fix the pain. It seems to me that I ask for too little, a shoulder to lean on when I’m in trouble. Is that so much to ask?

Finally, one day I realized that they only wanted me around because I was always available. I started to distance myself from them and focused on my family’s people who cared for me.

Two years ago, I met these two unique individuals who have made me feel so special. We were always excited to see each other, introducing ourselves to our families. My friendship with them has made me feel like I am worth something. I hope that it never ends.

Express your thoughts about friendship. Share your experiences and goals. I would love to hear about them!

User AvatarMyGoals1
      Participant

To me, friendship is an interesting concept. I love having friends who care about me or who genuinely are good people or who see the good in me. I don’t like friends that only come for partying or reach out when they need something from me. I also have trust issues where I question whether someone is truly nice or if they’re just faking to get something out of me.

User Avatarrrmelecio
        Blocked

Hi Odmaa,

I have been there. I once had fake friends and trust issues with the people around me. I was fooled by my friends several times before, but that didn’t keep me from trusting other people. In time, I found a circle of friends who gave me importance. I hope you will find perfect friends too.

Mark Farmer
          Keymaster

This whole topic is hugely important for life success. I wonder, Odmaa and rrmelecio, if you both know that our relationships actually have more of an effect on our life’s success than nearly any other factor?

True story: https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/the-health-benefits-of-strong-relationships

User Avatarrrmelecio
            Blocked

I strongly believe in this Mark. Your success also depends on your circle. If they support all your good intentions, it would be easier for us to succeed. Having been here feels that I’m in the right circle.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Share success!