Body Acceptance and Long-term Weight Loss

Home Mastermind Life Success, Inspiration and Motivation Body Acceptance and Long-term Weight Loss

Share success!

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated by Mark Farmer.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mark Farmer
    Keymaster

I know that “body acceptance” is currently in vogue: ads and media want to portray all types of bodies in their bid to rid the current fad to advertising profitability. To be sure many *individuals* have healthy motives behind body positivity… but businesses, in my not humble opinion, are merely riding current fads.

Worse: there are a large number of people promoting body positivity who DON’T feel comfortable or truly accept themselves.

Many will bandy about articles or research reviews that conclude that obesity isn’t tied to health; that long-term weight loss (2 years or longer) is a myth.

For the record _I_ don’t find forming a healthy and functional aesthetic ideal as anti- anything. That is, if YOU want a body with 10% fat… then wanting that does not make you fat-phobic, a body shamer or anti- anything. No more than having a preference for being educated, living on the beach or taking baths.

But it is important that we examine our chosen ideals as healthy, functional and *attainable*.

Is obesity tied to health; is long-term weight loss a myth?

https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/82/1/222S/4863393

Mark Farmer
      Keymaster

Here’s my 2 cents:

I’m well familiar with the plethora of *popular media* articles proclaiming that obesity is not related to health; that long-term fat loss is impossible.

But there’s a dearth of actual, well-performed long-term, cohort, studies. And, for every one that says one thing, there’s another that says opposite. Nothing more complex to study than human behavior.

But one merely needs to examine the factual – that weight is impossible to lose – to realize the claim, then, is that we all just get fatter and fatter and fatter our whole live and there’s nothing to be done about it to reality… eh… that’s not how it works.

Otherwise there’d be NO below or average-proportion elderly

So CLEARLY long term SOMETHING has an effect on obesity.

That “something”? If it matters enough… look for that.

You CAN budge the bulge.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Share success!