Bitcoin, baby!

Share success!

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by Mark Farmer.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mark Farmer
    Keymaster

Coming up to $54,000 per coin… I still predict it’s going to go to zero but having gotten in the year ago for a small amount it’s been a fun ride.

Curious if anyone thinks that bitcoin or any of the other virtual currencies actually have legs?

User AvatarGoalSetter19
      Participant

Wow! I wish that I bought some.
        How much was it when you bought it? How much did you buy?

User AvatarGoalSetter19
        Participant

I think it’s like 57,000 today

User AvatarMyGoals1
          Participant

As a finance major/young professional, betting on bitcoin is a gamble to me. The fundamental of valuing securities/companies/ anything comes from the future cash flows discounted back to today’s value. Since bitcoin doesn’t guarantee future cash flows like bonds or derive its value from assets like stocks/companies, any movement in bitcoin price is based on people’s speculation.

Maybe in 100 or 50 years, we’d get rid of paper/fiat currency and move to cryptocurrency. But, I am not willing to participate in that gamble.. yet

User AvatarMyGoals1
            Participant

Google, “net-positions-of-cme-bitcoin-futures-by-trader-category-weekly”. For some reason, I can’t post the link here. The hedge funds are short-selling bitcoin future, which means that they’re betting that the price is going to fall, and bubble is going to burst soon.

Same as Gamestop, these short-selling by hedge funds moves market price a lot, and leads speculators to believe that they should be investing when they should not.

Mark Farmer
              Keymaster
                Mark Farmer
                Keymaster

It’s solidly sticking @ ~52k level… predictions are that it’ll go another 4x at least.

Still believe it’s a gamble – don’t invest more than you can afford to lose – but it’s fun watching it go up!

Mark Farmer
                  Keymaster
                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Share success!